Since I started sewing I’ve diligently tried working on a better fit. A part from a straight coat once, I had never ventured into the non-streamlined world of sewing. But there are so many beautiful clothes with interesting volumes… not fitted, not waisted and not following the body. Baggy with style.
And so, I took a deep breath a set about to make the LMV Arianne dress, I even ordered the same fabric. Insecure, I made a muslin with a cheaper fabric. It’s probably my brainwashed ‘fitted’ brain, but I hated it. It looked like a sack. A non-stylish sack. And so, disenchanted I went back to making a fitted version, using my *new* sloper/block!
1st muslin : the sack
2nd muslin : the fitted olives
final dress : the fitted leaves
Although I feel bad for returning to the familiar fitted, waisted silhouette, I really love this dress, and the sporty arm-holes really work now. I failed in creating a sack, but have no fear, as I’m working on a lovely new sack dress project, hopefully I won’t crack this time!