I only found one, but a good one. This cool lady made this lovely version of it:
No major incidents during the project, apart from an unclear front neck line: they say to make a ‘slight’ ruffle, no indication of width. If I align it with the given bias length to use it’s so tight it makes a V-neck. If I allow the extra 5cm of bias to cut, it’s so wide it’s gaping and hanging outwards. So I settled for 2,5 cm of the extra bias and it looks kind of like on the tech drawing.
Then I started pinning a teeny tiny rolled hem on that flounce, after about 10cm and 99 pins I thought there has to be a better way. I tried the hemming foot from my old Elna machine. It was very difficult to get right, if I held the ‘feeding’ fabric 1mm too far to the left, it left an extra frayed layer under the rolled hem, and if I held the fabric 1mm too far to the right, the hem wouldn’t roll on itself, it just hemmed. But where it worked it’s beautiful! Look at that!
In the end the dress looks too bombastic to my liking, the FLOUNCE is too big: I feel like Madame Butterfly! My fabric is probably not as fluid as it should have been… though it’s a very pleasant viscose with a washed silk look-and-feel. Also I found the size/shape quite wide (and this cannot be a sizing issue, since Lekala make a bespoke pattern to your exact measurements). It looks like a maternity dress somehow. Also the giant Flounce folds back over itself towards the front.
I unpicked the skirt, made it a narrower A-line skirt, which works better I find. I also top stitched the Flounce to restrain it to the sides.
It’s now OK, I have to get used to the Flounce though, I just don’t have the courage to unpick and resew the flounce narrower, not yet, maybe next summer… Or just get used to a bit more extravagance… or learn how to fly.